On Sun, Feb 13, 2011 at 9:38 AM, Scott’s Contracting <scottscontracting> wrote:
- An average 5 kW solar electric installation … will produce an equivalent of 10 to 12 barrels of oil each year… save about 10,000 pounds of greenhouse gas emissions…similar to planting 20 mature trees annually or driving your car 7,000 miles less a year.
- From the first day a PV installation is turned on, it will create clean, green electricity.
- negative news you hear about solar is generated from incumbent energy producers- (Big Oil and Big Coal)
- They want us to believe that our current energy infrastructure is the only logical answer when it is clearly not.
- PV polycrystalline module will produce enough clean power in about four years to offset the energy required to manufacture it
- After a module is manufactured and installed, it will be a zero emissions energy source for the rest of its life
- 30 year life expectancy, almost 90% of the energy generated from the solar panel will be pollution free.