I ask myself what is the big deal with stopping Pollution from Fossil Fuels and GHG’s?
Why is it wrong to Protect the Environment?
? Do the Republicans understand that when they cut health care and then Remove Environmental Safe Guards that “We the People” could get sick and then not have any access to Health Care because they have DE-Funded the Programs?
- 60 percent of Americans believe the E.P.A. “needs to hold polluters accountable,”
- 75% of Americans favor tougher regulations on pollution in order to protect our air and water
- the contamination of our soil and water is the #1 issue for Americans
These are just some of the questions I asked myself. To attempt to learn why the GOP is so Short-Sighted and not protecting the America they say they so strongly care for. I started looking and searching into why the Republicans are voting the way they are.
Through the Power of the Internet (which they are also trying to curtail) I found the Open Secrets Web Site.
OpenSecrets.org is your nonpartisan guide to money’s influence on U.S. elections and public policy. Whether you’re a voter, journalist, activist, student or interested citizen, use our free site to shine light on your government. Count cash and make change.
I Found out who the Top Oil and Gas Contributors were in 2009-2010. In the graph below you will see the Republicans in RED and the Democrats in BLUE and you can see for yourself which party receives the Largest Contributions.
I feel this is a personal assault against the Average American and Small Business. We are the Major Supporters of the US Government through the Taxes that are levied against our paychecks and through the Goods and Services we depend on.
Through the News Networks: CNN, HLN, CNBC I’ve learned that the Major Corporations are not paying their fair share of Taxes. So this leaves “We the Average Citizens” paying more taxes to support the “Wasteful Government Spending”
I don’t have a solution but I do know that there needs to be some changes made in the way our Government operates.
Here are just some of the things I do and are planning to do and urge all concerned American Citizens to the same.
- I will vote a Straight Democratic Ticket for the First Time in my Life in the Up-Coming Elections. (I don’t agree with many of their views but the Alternative is Worse.)
- I have contacted my Government Representatives through this web site and let my voice be heard- I suggest that Every Concerned American Do The Same
- Stay Active in the Political Discussions. I post frequent Articles on my Web Sites: St Louis Renewable Energy and Scotts Contracting That highlight the GOP Republicans attempts to undermine and drive the Average American into the Poor House.
- Stay Informed on the Issues that are Affecting American and re-peat 2 above. If your Elected Leaders do not know on how you stand on the issues, How will they support your views and Vote on the Issues you Support?
- When Listening to the Republicans on TV and radio Don’t let their slick tongues distort the real issues “Listen and Watch“- while reading between the Lines.
|Chief Oil & Gas||$1,192,361|
|Independent Petroleum Assn of America||$459,500|
|American Gas Assn||$386,400|
|Society of Indep Gasoline Marketers||$274,000|
|Bass Brothers Enterprises||$247,465|
|Petroleum Marketers Assn||$243,900|
For additional ideas on:
- Reducing GHG’s
- Becoming Energy Efficient
- Saving $ on Energy Costs
- Government Reform
- Clean Energy Jobs
Feel Free to use the Links Below.