- Grounding and
- Inverter are built into a larger-format 235-watt panel (AC Power), thereby
- delivering higher performance and
- lower installed cost.
Westinghouse Solar, Inc. (Nasdaq:WEST), a designer and manufacturer of solar power systems, today announced the release of their second-generation AC solar panel. This new panel will be available in the second quarter at a very attractive price point.
Westinghouse Solar’s new AC panel has been designed from the ground up to meet the needs of residential rooftop installers. Improving on the original patented design, the racking, wiring, grounding and inverter are built into a larger-format 235-watt panel, thereby delivering higher performance and lower installed cost.
In 2007, Westinghouse Solar pioneered the concept of integrating the racking, wiring and grounding directly into the solar panel. This revolutionary solar panel, originally carrying the “Andalay” name, quickly won industry acclaim.
- In 2009, the company again broke new ground with the first AC solar panel, reducing the number of parts for a rooftop solar installation by 80 percent and reducing labor by 50 percent.
- This first AC panel — which won the 2009 Popular Mechanics Breakthrough Award — has become the most widely installed AC solar panel. Continuing on their path of innovation,
- Westinghouse Solar’s second generation AC solar panel is based on a large format design, and includes a number of differentiating features that contribute to the panel’s reliability, performance and safety.
“Much like the Prius, innovations can take time to gain market acceptance before they become a standard among mainstream consumers,” said Barry Cinnamon, CEO of Westinghouse Solar.
- “Market data for AC solar panels clearly show rapid homeowner and installer acceptance. The performance, reliability and safety benefits of our AC solar panels are particularly appealing to the legions of new solar installers, especially electricians, HVAC contractors and home improvement companies.
- As ordinary solar panels become a commodity, our focus on delivering a product that dramatically lowers installation costs —
- while backed by a brand that consumers know and trust — sets us apart from the rest of the industry.”If you are interested in a Solar Electric System for your Home or Office. Scotts Contracting can supply your Solar Panels (from any number of sources) , Inverters, Wiring Diagrams, Photos, Instructions and Any Other Needed information so that You can Create your own Electricity and Get out From Under Ameren UE’s Dirty Coal and Nuclear Agenda. DIY and Save!
or Scotty can lend a hand.
About Westinghouse Solar:
(Nasdaq:WEST) Westinghouse Solar is a designer and manufacturer of solar power systems. Award winning Westinghouse Solar Power Systems provide the best combination of safety, performance and reliability, while backed by the proven quality of the Westinghouse name.