Build and Job Notes for Custom Bay ‘Energy Star’ Window Build
- Existing Wall 2 x4 Framing with zero (0) Insulation or Vapor Barrier
- Note: Owners Plan on Adding Insulation in the Future. Insulation will not be needed in the Bay Window Area at that time.
- Bay Window Ceiling, Floor, and Adjacent Wall- R13 Faced Batt Fiber Glass Insulation with 6mil poly VB
- U Factor= 0.46
- Solar Heat Gain Coefficient= 0.58
- Visible Transmittance= 0.60
- Condensation Resistance= 43
- White Finish or Wrapped with White Aluminum. To Match Existing Windows on House.
- All Exterior Joints and Connections Caulked and Sealed with a
- combination of Silicone Caulking and Spray Foam Insulation (Closed Cell, Window and Door Sealant by Dow)
- East Property Boundary Line Established by Edge of Existing Side Walk.
- Distance from East edge of House Foundation to Edge of Side Walk is 71”
- Bay Window protrudes 15” from Building.
- Leaving 56” Un-obstructed egress
- Clear Un-obstructed Distance between Bay Window and East Porch Steps is 38 ½”
Materials Supplied by Windows: Berry Door and Window Lumber and Misc Materials: Home Depot Southtown #3011 Roofing: Roofing Supply Group of St Louis Flooring: Hampton Flooring Click Here to See the Before and After Job Site Photos of the Energy Star Bay Windows