One of my latest repair projects:
- The 2nd Floor deck support rail was leaning away from the building creating a Safety Issue for anyone who leaned on the Support Rail.
- I used a Ratcheting Tie Down Strap to pull the deck support rail straight. (In the following diagram you will see the connection points for Plumbing up the deck rail on the 2nd Story Deck.)
- After the Support Rail was re-plumbed I reattached the connection point at the Buildings Masonry wall with 4- 3/8 x 5 1/2 Lags and Masonry Anchors, spaced at 8in OC.
|Apply Tension and Pull Towards Building|
|Scotty Adding 3″ Deck Type Screws to Secure Support Rail to Deck|
- I also replaced the original nails that had pulled loose with 3″ Deck Screws
- I then added a 2x4x14′ to hold the Deck Rail into position. (See Action Photo Above)
|Anchor to Wall w/ Lag Screws and Concrete Anchors|