2 Guys, Small Track Loader, Pics shovels, and a little muscle. Roughly 100 ft Long by 4 ft Tall. I now have a greater appreciation for the great pyramid builders; many of these stones weighed more than I do.
Retaining walls serve many purposes and come in a wide variety of materials, shapes, colors, and sizes. This retaining wall was constructed for the addition of 1) Off-Street Parking Area 2) Water Control 3) Side Entrance
- Removing the Existing sidewalk and excavating the dirt using a small track loader- the perfect size for working in confined areas such as this.
- Roughly 2 ft x 6 ft of Dirt was removed for preparation of the Natural Stone Retaining Wall.
- Irregular Shape, Size, and Weight of the Stones Locks them into place
- 4-6 in Crushed Limestone Rock, Chet-Minus base prepped for the Concrete Sidewalk, Side Entrance, and Parking Area.
- A Proper Concrete Base will prevent unnecessary stress cracks in the concrete sidewalk after installation and curing.
- Next Slide Show Video will be cover the concrete pour installation
Thank you for stopping by St Louis Renewable Energy. Feel free to comment in the section below or contact Scotts Contracting- St Louis Home Improvement Projects and Energy Reducing Needs Get Your Green Building Tips and Resources at St Louis Renewable Energy Green Blog