ADA COMPLIANT-RESIDENTIAL WHEELCHAIR LIFT AND RAMP CAD DESIGNS WITH BEFORE PHOTOS AND BUILD NOTES
Before Photo A-Design-Build Exterior Wheelchair Ramp
CAD Design Automatic Wheelchair Lift Down Position
CAD Design Electric Wheelchair Lift in Up Position at House Level
CAD drawing- Determining Proper Ramp Location
CAD Drawing Final Design Exterior Wooden Wheelchair Ramp
Exterior Wheelchair Ramp CAD Design by Scotty-Scotts Contracting
My current project has a couple of phases of projects. The first exterior project is adding wheelchair access to the front of this property located in #StLouis, MO.
After pricing a few of the electric wheel chair and stair lifts on the market, I found the prices start at $2,500 to $6,000-(each system has benefits and drawbacks). Unfortunately, I learned that the costs of automatic systems are more than this clients budget can allow. The clients eyes lit-up when I mentioned that we can build a ramp that will save him money and work within his budget.
To build a proper ADA complaint Wheel Chair Ramp I looked up the Specs and learned:
ADA Specifications and ADA guidelines for handicapped wheelchair ramp access.
- 1:12 slope ratio which works out to be one foot of wheelchair ramp for each inch of rise. For instance, a 20 inch rise requires a 20 foot wheelchair ramp.
- Minimum 5’ x 5’ Flat area at the top and bottom of the ramp.
- Minimum 36 inches of clear space across the wheelchair ramp.
- Minimum Platform size is 5’ x 5’
- Maximum of 30 feet in a single run of wheelchair ramp prior to a rest or turn platform.
- Handrails on both sides of the wheelchair ramp
Final Build Notes will be added at a later date as I am designing an Interior Option that would act as an elevator or chairlift from the Garage up to the main level in the home.
Thank you for stopping by St Louis Renewable Energy. Feel free to comment in the section below or contact Scotts Contracting- for any St Louis Home Improvement Projects